Enter your Wine to the 2023 Competition
Enter your Wines to the MIWC today, or download the submission form. Competition Starts June 24th.
Melbourne International Wine Competition Announces 2023 Winners
Thank you to all the brands who came out to compete this year!
General Information for 2023
- Entry Deadline: June 23rd 2023
- Product Delivery Deadline: June 23rd 2023
- Products MUST arrive by June 23rd 2023 in order to be judged.
- Please read the “Shipping Information” below carefully to ensure that your products arrive on time.
- Payment Deadline: June 27th 2023
COST (Australian Dollars):
- Early entry (April 1st – June 9th): $100 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Regular entry (June 10th-17th): $115 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Late entry (June 18th-23rd): $125 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Payments: Payment for online entries can be made by credit card through Stripe. Off-line entry fees can be made by credit card or by wire transfer. The banking information and associated fees for the wire transfer may be requested from us at email@example.com.
- There is only one entry fee. We do not charge any extra fees for use of our logo and or medals for publicity purposes.
There is only one entry fee. We do not charge any extra fees for use of our logo and or medals for publicity purposes.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Table, sparkling, fortified, fruit and specialty wines commercially produced in any wine producing region of the world are eligible for entry. No non-commercial wines will be allowed.
- You may submit wine that is not currently imported into the Pacific Region or distributed in Australia.
- Wines with more than 0.3% residual sugar (r.s.) must have the percent listed on the entry form. Wines entered in categories defined by r.s. must list the percent on the entry form even if r.s. is below 0.3%.
- You may only submit your wine in ONE division and ONE category. For example, the same wine cannot be submitted in the Wine Division, category “Sauvignon Blanc from California” AND the Certified Organic Wine Division, category “Sauvignon Blanc from California.”
- An official entry shall consist of three (3) bottles, each bottle no less than 700/750 ml in volume. For containers larger than 750 ml in volume, an official entry shall consist of three (3) units. An official entry of wines such as dessert wines, that are bottled only in 375 ml or 500ml bottles, shall consist of four (4) bottles, each no less than 375 ml.
- All entries must be listed on the official entry form, either online or downloaded from this web site as a paper form (see the top of this page for links to both). If downloading the paper form, please complete the entire form and sign at the bottom of the page to certify that the statements on the form are correct. Failure to complete the form properly may result in disqualification. Please fax and or email us the submission form in advance if not submitting online.
- All entries submitted on time will be judged.
- Any wine that is delivered to the competition without a full and proper label will be disqualified from the judging. Please do not send wines with laboratory, temporary, photocopied or altered labels. We occasionally make exceptions for extenuating circumstances, but you must notify us in advance and receive written permission to send.
- Please specify on the entry form how many gallons of wine were produced. A minimum of 120 gallons is required. This rule is to ensure that wines entered in the competition were produced commercially for purchase by consumers and distributors.
- Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional questions.
Please ship your spirits to:
- Please register online or by email before shipping your products.
- Please feel free to contact us directly if you are a large organization shipping 20+ wines.
- If your shipment is delayed due to customs or other unforeseen events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the completed submission form or the copy of the online submission confirmation in all shipments to ensure wine is submitted in correct category
- Again, entries must ship three (3) bottles of each wine submitted for judging. See above “Eligibility and Requirements” for details.
- Wine entries shipped to an address other than the one above will be disqualified and entry fees will not be returned.
- The competition, its service contractors, and any officer, staff member, sponsor or director of the same shall not be responsible for the safety of the wines from theft or damage by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes. The competitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand that he or she may have against any of them by reason of any damage to, or loss of, any wine entered in the competition.