We are very excited to invite you to submit your wine brand to participate in the upcoming 5th Annual MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL WINE COMPETITION (“MIWC”) taking place in the heart of Melbourne on June 24th & 25th, 2018. This competition stands out as the only international wine competition in the Pacific Region where all the judges are real trade buyers judging the wines by their category and actual price.
Cost (Australian Dollars):
- Entry Deadline: June 22, 2018
- Product Delivery Deadline: June 22, 2018
- Products MUST arrive by June 22 in order to be judged.
- Please read the “Shipping Information” below carefully to ensure that your products arrive on time.
- Payment Deadline: June 22, 2018
- Early Entry (Feb 1 - June 1): $100 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Regular Entry (June 2 - June 15): $125 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Late Entry (June 16 - June 22): $150 per submission for both online entries and paper/fax/email entries
- Payments: Payment for on-line entries can be made by credit card through Stripe. Off-line entry fees can be made by credit card or by wire transfer. The banking information and associated fees for the wire transfer may be requested from us at email@example.com.
- There is only one entry fee. We do not charge any extra fees for use of our logo and or medals for publicity purposes.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- All commercially produced table, sparkling, fortified, fruit and specialty produced in any wine producing region of the world are eligible for entry. No non-commercial wines will be allowed.
- Please specify on the entry form how many gallons of your wine were produced. A minimum of 120 gallons is required. This rule is to ensure that wines entered in the competition were produced for purchase by consumers domestically and internationally.
- All entries must be listed on the official entry form, either online or downloaded from this web site as a paper form (see the top of this page for links to both). If downloading the paper form, please complete the entire form and sign at the bottom of the page to certify that the statements on the form are correct. Failure to complete the form properly may result in disqualification.
- All entries submitted on time will be judged. If your submission gets stuck in customs, as does occasionally happen, we are prepared to convene a smaller tasting panel for those entries. To avoid this, however, please read the “Shipping Information” below carefully to ensure that your products arrive on time.
- In addition to your entry form, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Link to each brand’s website
- JPG file of your brand artwork (Bottle Shot and/or Hi-Res Logo)
- Staff Relations Contact (Name, Phone, Email)
- Up to Date Brand Information (i.e. available in what markets domestically and internationally, info on Master Distiller/Blender, information unique to your brand)
- An official entry shall consist of three (3) bottles, each bottle no less than 700/750 ml. in volume. For containers larger than 750 ml. in volume, an official entry shall consist of three (3) units. An official entry of wines, such as dessert wines, that are bottled only in 375 ml. bottles shall consist of three (3) bottles, each no less than 375 ml.
- Any wine that is delivered to the competition without a full and proper label will be disqualified from the judging. Please do not send wines with laboratory, temporary, photocopied or altered labels. If you are submitting wines with a temporary label, please write to us in advance to obtain permission to send your wines.
- If submitting by paper form, please scan submission form and email it to: email@example.com
- Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any additional questions.
Please ship your spirits to:
Liquor Logistics Pty Ltd.
C/O Melbourne International Wine Competition
Unit 1, 365 Plummer Street
Port Melbourne, Victoria 3207
Tel +61 386521989 / Fax +61 386521989
- Please include your filled out submission form in all shipments (including online entries) to ensure wine is submitted in correct category.
- Please register online or by email before shipping your products.
- Please feel free to contact us directly if you are a large organization shipping 20+ wines.
- The deadline for receipt of entry is June 22, 2018. All submissions must be in the warehouse by June 22, 2018 to be judged by the full panel.
- If your shipment is delayed due to customs or other unforeseen events, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wine entries shipped to an address other than the one above, will be disqualified and entry fees will not be returned.
The competition, its service contractors, and any officer, staff member, sponsor or director of the same shall not be responsible for the safety of the wines from theft or damage by fire, accident, vandalism or other causes. The competitor expressly waives and releases any claim or demand that he or she may have against any of them by reason of any damage to, or loss of, any wine entered in the competition.
In the event that the judging is not held, a portion of the fees will be refunded, based on the amount paid minus a pro rata share of the expenses for establishing and maintaining entry files.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Competition shall not be liable for failure to perform caused by an act of God, fire, flood, wind, rain, storm, electrical failure, strike, labor dispute, riot, insurrection, war or other causes beyond its control.